Planning and Decision-Making Process (PDMP) Training
What is PDMP (Planning and Decision-Making Process) training?
Pattison Enterprises LLC offers all businesses and organizations a one day PDMP course. The course is conducted on-site at the client’s location. The PDMP course teaches planning skills, decision-making analysis skills, and “how-to-present” skills. The course features two components: a seminar and a practical exercise.
PDMP is successful because organizations need a framework for planning and framing decisions. PDMP fits that need. PDMP creates a framework for action in the midst of uncertainty without having all the information and facts you’d like to have. PDMP gets organizations out in front of major challenges in order to shape and define its future rather than merely responding and reacting.
The PDMP Training course standardizes decision-making procedures, not outcomes and incorporates leader’s and staff’s experience and insight. It allows for in-progress reviews to track how the process is progressing. It documents a reasonable, due-diligence process that arrived at a specific decision for implementation, reporting, and historical files. Why should you devote time and resources to train your team in this process? Our course teaches your staff to go through this same rigorous process in the leader’s absence.
The Planning and Decision Making Process is an established and proven analytical process. It’s a tool that assists leaders and staff in developing plans and directives and help them to conduct a comprehensive examination of a situation or problem and reach logical solutions. Course attendees will learn a structural process that is useful for developing plans, programs, and policies.
Course Training Objectives
Learn how to:
- Receive and define the assigned planning task.
- Develop a project time line.
- Conduct a mission (or task) analysis.
- Develop at least two possible COAs (Courses of Action)… two solutions.
- Develop and present a decision briefing, your team’s recommendation.
- Perform the leader’s role in the planning process and in making decisions.
The doctrinal underpinnings and foundation of planning and framing decisions are taught during the seminar portion of the training. This is achieved through a series of presentations and discussions. Lots of interaction between the course instructors and the students.
The Practical Exercise
- This is the “hands-on” portion of the training.
- This is the application piece of learning.
- The class is divided into two smaller groups called planning teams to go through the process of developing a set of solutions to an assigned planning task.
- The topic of the assigned planning task used in the practical exercise is selected for its relevance to the client’s business or organization.
- The practical exercise is the key element that sets this training apart from lecture or seminar only training!
Why should you do PDMP training at your company or organization?
- Organizations need a framework for planning beyond the next day. PDMP fits that need.
- Organizations need a framework for action in the midst of uncertainty and without having all the facts and information you’d like to have. PDMP fits that need.
- Organizations need to get out in front of major challenges in order to shape and define their future rather than merely responding and reacting. PDMP fits that need.
What’s the value-added?
Any business or organization that wants to better influence its own future will find value in this training course. Straight-forward, concrete training in how to plan and how to make better informed decisions can lead to:
- Achieving your objectives on schedule and on budget
- Business growth
- Increased revenue and profits
- Improved cost savings
- Wiser use of resources
This one day training course is beneficial for virtually any business or organization.
Those organizations that have recurring or annual job-related training requirements for employees will find value in adding this course to their menu of training options.
This structured approach to planning and making decisions is suited for both short-term crisis action planning and for longer term deliberate planning.
Learn how to deal with a crisis before it occurs. Crises require action. Actions require plans. Let us help you with those plans!
Author Sheena Iyengar points out in her book, The Art of Choosing, “our choosing ability may not improve merely through repetition”, and “it is worth our while to experiment with a structural approach to choosing.” Pattison Enterprises PDMP training addresses both of these issues: it teaches a process that will improve decision-making at your organization, and it teaches a structured approach to decision-making.
Contact Pattison Enterprises LLC. They are the PDMP training experts.